The Amalgamated Union of Public Corporations, Civil Service Technical and Recreational Services Employees, AUPCTRE Backs ASUP Strike Urges Govt To Accede Demands.
AUPCTRE Backs ASUP Strike Urges Govt To Accede Demands
The Amalgamated Union of Public Corporations, Civil Service Technical and Recreational Services Employees (AUPCTRE) has backed the ongoing strike action embarked by the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), urging the government to urgently accede to the union demands.
The general secretary, AUPCTRE, Comrade Sikiru Waheed, made the statement in a solidarity press statement made available to newsmen in Abuja yesterday.
Waheed said ASUP is on lack of adequate funding for tertiary education and payment of backlog of salaries and owed the lecturers.
He said AUPCTRE is giving total support to the demands and actions of the union because it is justified to be patriotic.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- ASUP Vows To Continue Strike Despite ₦15bn Offer
- Implement NEEDS Assessment Report Of 2014 ASUP Tells FG
- Ibadan Poly Lecturers Shun ASUP Strike
- ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike Today
- Poly Lecturers Vow To Continue Strike Despite Meeting FG
- List Of Polytechnic Under ASUP In Nigeria
- Latest School News In Nigeria Today
- Latest School News In Nigeria 2021