Chevening Essay Competition For Nigerian Students eligibility, type, topic, value of award, objectives, guidelines, deadline and how to apply. Details are as follows;
The focus of the essay is on emphasizing the risks of illegal migration by deepening knowledge on other possibilities.
TOPIC: Alternative Narratives to illegal Migration Amongst Young People in Nigeria
Chevening Essay Competition For Nigerian Students Objective ;
- Generate ideas that will be helpful for CAAN future engagement with the private sector, the Nigerian government and multilateral agencies on curbing illegal migration.
- Foster deeper inter-generational learning through interactions between CAAN members and the younger generations.
- Encourage young Nigerians to engage in the discussion of a core trans-national governance issue, ahead of future leadership roles.
- The essay seeks to stimulate thoughts on illegal migration, especially amongst young people, towards preventing the occurrence, and for providing options to breaches of immigration regulations.
Chevening Essay Competition Essay Guidelines
Not more than 2000 words, including references
Must be original, as essay will be subjected to credit reference checks.
Typed and double-spaced.
Appropriate use of examples and illustrations
Creative and engaging, with realistic solutions to the migration saga.
Application Deadline: 18th January 2021
Chevening Essay Competition Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Chevening Essay Competition Value of Award:
1st Place prize: A Laptop and 1-month Data subscription.
2nd Place Prize: A Tablet and 1-month Data subscription.
3rd Place prize: A Smart Phone and 1-month Data subscription.
Prize winners will receive a Certificate of Good Performance
- Applicants must be Undergraduate students in Nigerian public and private universities and in other tertiary institutions of learning.
- Applicants must be Nigerians
- Applicants must be fluent in English language and writing skills