The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, on Thursday, gave N75million award to each of the five best performing tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- The University of Ilorin won the Most Subscribed Institution by Candidates award
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, won the Most National Institution in Admission of Candidates.
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba, won the Most Improved Institution in Gender Balance
- University of Ilorin again won the Institution with the Highest Number of Admitted International Students.
- Ogun State Institute of Technology, Igbese, won the Most Compliant Institution in keeping to guidelines of admissions.
It was the second edition of the National Tertiary Admissions Performance Merit Award for 2019.
He said that the Federal Government would continue to play a critical role in teaching, learning and research, adding that the exercise was one of government’s reward systems and intervention in tertiary institutions.