JAMB Open JAMB CAPS For Admission 2020 : The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has opened its portal for institutions to upload names of shortlisted candidates for the 2020/2021 admission.
The board said all admission processes must go through the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) for approval.
It noted that only qualified candidates as recommended by their institutions for admission will be approved by the board.
According to the JAMB registrar, all the admission processes will go through the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) for approval.
JAMB GUILDLINES FOR ADMISSION 2020
- Applicants must upload their O’ Level results on the Board’s portal before the commencement of admission exercise
- Applicants are required to ‘accept’ or ‘reject’ admission before the process is deemed to have been completed
- Any candidate who has chosen an institution as second, third or fourth choice did not need any change of choice or payment to JAMB to be considered for admission exercise during the period of the second choice admission exercise.
- Admissions will be based on the approved institutional/programmes cut-off marks and minimum UTME score for admission prescribed for each school subject to the respective National Minimum UTME scores.
- Cut-off marks for admission will be determined by minimum UTME score/direct entry grade, post UTME (if applicable), grading of Senior School Certificate grades, interview/practical scores and percentage allotted to UTME score range from 50 percent to 100 percent, (if applicable).
- Tertiary institution must use 2020 UTME/direct entry results, JAMB 2020 admission quota as prescribed by the regulatory agencies, 2020 UTME brochure, guidelines on admission as prescribed by the proprietors and policy decisions reached at the meeting and directives of the Minister of Education.
- For a candidate to be registered in any institution from 2020 admission exercise, he/she must be recommended by any institution, admitted and approved by JAMB, accept the offer online on JAMB’s website at no cost, print both result slip and admission letter, screen and present acceptable credentials.
- Candidates who wish to Upgrade their UTME to Direct Entry (DE) can easily do so by logging in to their profile and perform the changes free of charge. Please note that this process is irreversible once its been done.
- Before a candidate can be moved or transferred to another programme, their would be transfer alert (notification from CAPS) to the candidate to either accept or reject the movement
- Cut off date & Admission exercise can’t be earlier than 21st August, 2020
- No institution would be able to finalise admission exercise until after cut-off date
- No institution would be able to move candidates into merit level unless ALL positive candidates above him/her are admitted either by merit, catchment or ELDS
- After upload of O’ level by a candidate, any admission to be done MUST consider him/her
- If any institution request for opening of change for programme or institution, it MUST consider all the candidates who have uploaded
- The 2020 Admissions Exercise to Public Universities for First Degree ends on a date to be announced in December, 2020;
- JAMB Open JAMB CAPS For Admission 2020