N-Power is a Nigerian government social investment program designed to empower unemployed Nigerian youth through skills acquisition and development. The program is targeted at young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35, and it offers two categories for graduates:
- N-Teach: This category is for graduates who want to teach in primary and secondary schools across Nigeria.
- N-Health: This category is for graduates who want to work in the Nigerian healthcare system, providing support services such as community health education, immunization, and maternal and child health care.
The N-Teach category is one of the most popular N-Power categories, and it has helped to place thousands of unemployed graduates in teaching positions across Nigeria. To be eligible for the N-Teach category, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in education or any other related field. They must also have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program.
N-Teach volunteers are deployed to primary and secondary schools across Nigeria, where they teach a variety of subjects, including English, mathematics, science, and social studies. They also provide support services such as tutoring and mentoring to students.
The N-Health category is another popular N-Power category, and it has helped to place thousands of unemployed graduates in the Nigerian healthcare system. To be eligible for the N-Health category, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing, pharmacy, laboratory science, or any other related field. They must also have completed the mandatory NYSC program.
N-Health volunteers are deployed to hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities across Nigeria, where they provide support services such as community health education, immunization, and maternal and child health care. They also assist with administrative tasks and other essential duties.
Benefits of the N-Power Graduate Categories
There are many benefits to participating in the N-Power graduate categories. Some of the key benefits include:
- Gaining valuable work experience: N-Power volunteers gain valuable work experience in their chosen fields. This experience can help them to secure permanent jobs after their N-Power service has ended.
- Earning a monthly stipend: N-Power volunteers receive a monthly stipend of N30,000 for their service. This stipend can help them to cover their basic living expenses.
- Having access to training and development opportunities: N-Power volunteers have access to training and development opportunities that can help them to improve their skills and knowledge. This can make them more competitive in the job market.
- Serving their communities: N-Power volunteers serve their communities by providing essential services in the education and healthcare sectors. This helps to make Nigeria a better place for everyone.
How to Apply for the N-Power Graduate Categories
To apply for the N-Power graduate categories, applicants must visit the N-Power website and create an account. Once they have created an account, they can log in and complete the online application form.
The application form requires applicants to provide information such as their personal details, educational qualifications, and work experience. Applicants must also submit a copy of their resume and a cover letter.
Once the application form has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the N-Power team. If the application is successful, the applicant will be invited to participate in a selection process. The selection process may include an online test and/or an interview.
The N-Power graduate categories are a great opportunity for unemployed Nigerian graduates to gain valuable work experience, earn a monthly stipend, and serve their communities. If you are a graduate and you are interested in participating in the N-Power program, I encourage you to visit the N-Power website and apply today.
What are the age requirements for the N-Power graduate categories?
Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 to be eligible for the N-Power graduate categories.
Do I need to have completed the NYSC program to be eligible for the N-Power graduate categories?
Yes, applicants must have completed the mandatory NYSC program to be eligible for the N-Power graduate categories.
What subjects will I teach if I am selected for the N-Teach category?
N-Teach volunteers teach a variety of subjects, including English, mathematics, science, and social studies. The specific subjects that you teach will depend on your qualifications and experience.
What are the working hours for N-Power volunteers?
N-Power volunteers work full-time, 40 hours per week.
How long is the N-Power service period?
The N-Power service period is 2 years.