UNIBEN JUPEB admission application deadline has been extended to 13th December 2020.
Table of Contents
UNIBEN JUPEB Admission Entrance Exam Date:
- Admission into various JUPEB programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted by Saturday 12th of December, 2020.
- The Screening test shall be computer-based.
- Candidates should go back on-line on Wednesday 9th December 2020 to check for the Day, Venue and Time for their examination.
University of Benin (UNIBEN) JUPEB Admission Form
In collaboration with the JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB), the University of Benin invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programmes for the 2020/2021 Session.
The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificate which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the University of Benin and other JUPEB – affiliated Universities in Nigeria and universities abroad. The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificate (HSC) or IJMB.
Each candidate admitted into the programme will be exposed to an intensive academic work in three subject combinations relevant to their desired field of study. The subjects are broken into four courses labeled 001, 002, 003 & 004 with each candidate taking six courses per semester making a total of twelve courses at the end of the programme. In addition, candidates will also take at least two general studies courses (one per semester). Each course will be examined at the end of each semester but the results in all the courses taken will be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain a letter grade in each subject (i.e. A, B, C, D, E & F). The general studies to be chosen by each candidate will be based on general courses relevant to the field of study.
For admission into the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate institutions, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examination for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all admission requirements prescribed by departments and faculties of choice.
UNIBEN JUPEB Admission Requirements
Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB)
All the combinations shown in the table below meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT etc.
UNIBEN JUPEB Programmes Duration
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is strictly non-residential programme.
How to Apply for UNIBEN JUPEB Admission
Interested candidates are to purchase application forms online from the university web site www.uniben.edu with valid VERVE VISA OR MASTERCARD ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the non-refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) The fee excludes bank charges.
The application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
- ON the uniben website,
- Click on the WAEUP PORTAL LINK
- Click on the FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (JUPEB) APPLICATION 2020/2021 Link.
- Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION and fill out application after reading instructions on the page
- Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip which should have your user name and password.
- All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
|THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT COMBINATIONS ARE AVAILABLE|
|1||Arts||Government/Literature in English/Christian
|History/ Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies|
|Economics, Government/Literature in English|
|2||Education||All the combination in 1,3,4,5,6,7&8|
|3||Management/Social Sciences||Economics/Government/Mathematics Mathematics/Geography/Economics Economics/Business Studies//Government Accounting/Economics/Government Economics/Government/Geography CRS/Economics/Government|
|Government/Literature in English/Christian
Mode of Study
Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study Centre, University of Benin,. Lectures will be conducted from 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application fee.
- Only coloured print out will be accepted.
- Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
- Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study
Application website closes by Midnight on 13th December, 2020. Candidates who pay after the deadline will not sit for the examination.