Npower is a Nigerian government-driven program that provides jobs and skills training to unemployed youths aged 18-35. The program is designed to reduce poverty, create jobs, and boost the country’s economy.
To be eligible for Npower, applicants must have a valid National Identity Number (NIN) and a Bank Verification Number (BVN). They must also meet the specific requirements of the program they are applying for.
Once applications have been submitted, Npower will conduct a screening process to select eligible applicants. Pre-selected applicants are those who have passed the screening process and are now eligible to participate in the physical verification exercise.
What Are the Benefits of Being Pre-Selected in Npower?
There are several benefits to being pre-selected in Npower, including:
- Gainful employment: Npower beneficiaries are paid a monthly stipend for the duration of their participation in the program.
- Skills training: Npower beneficiaries receive training in a variety of skills, including vocational skills, soft skills, and entrepreneurship skills.
- Work experience: Npower beneficiaries gain valuable work experience that can help them to secure permanent jobs after the program.
What Is the Physical Verification Exercise?
The physical verification exercise is a mandatory step for all pre-selected Npower applicants. The exercise is designed to verify the identity and eligibility of applicants.
During the physical verification exercise, applicants will be required to present the following documents:
- National Identity Card (NIN)
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Educational certificates
- NYSC discharge certificate (if applicable)
What Happens After the Physical Verification Exercise?
After the physical verification exercise, Npower will select successful applicants to participate in the program. Successful applicants will be notified via SMS and email.
Being pre-selected in Npower is a great opportunity for unemployed youths to gain employment, skills training, and work experience. If you have been pre-selected, be sure to participate in the physical verification exercise so that you can be considered for the program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the different categories of Npower?
A: There are four categories of Npower:
- Npower Teach: This category is for unemployed graduates who are interested in teaching in primary and secondary schools.
- Npower Health: This category is for unemployed graduates who are interested in working in the healthcare sector.
- Npower Agro: This category is for unemployed youths who are interested in working in the agricultural sector.
- Npower Build: This category is for unemployed youths who are interested in working in the construction sector.
What are the requirements to be pre-selected in Npower?
A: The requirements to be pre-selected in Npower vary depending on the category of the program you are applying for. However, the general requirements include:
- Being a Nigerian citizen
- Being aged 18-35
- Having a valid NIN and BVN
- Meeting the specific requirements of the program you are applying for
How can I check my pre-selection status?
You can check your pre-selection status on the Npower website or through the Npower mobile app.
What should I do if I have been pre-selected for Npower?
If you have been pre-selected for Npower, you will need to participate in the physical verification exercise. You will be notified of the date, time, and venue of the exercise via SMS and email.