N-Power is a social investment programme initiated by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2016 to address the issues of youth unemployment and help increase social development. The scheme is designed to provide unemployed graduates and non-graduates between the ages of 18 and 35 with the skills, tools, and livelihood to enable them to advance from unemployment to employment, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
N-Power is a two-year paid programme, with beneficiaries deployed to various Primary Places of Assignment (PPAs) across the country. PPAs can be public or private institutions, such as schools, hospitals, agricultural farms, and construction sites.
N-Power has six components:
- N-Teach: This component deploys beneficiaries to teach in public primary and secondary schools.
- N-Health: This component deploys beneficiaries to provide healthcare services in public hospitals and clinics.
- N-Agro: This component deploys beneficiaries to work in agricultural farms and extension services.
- N-Build: This component deploys beneficiaries to work in construction and other technical fields.
- N-Creative: This component deploys beneficiaries to work in the creative arts and entertainment industry.
- N-Tech: This component deploys beneficiaries to work in the information and communication technology (ICT) sector.
N-Power beneficiaries receive a number of benefits, including:
- A monthly stipend of N30,000 for graduates and N10,000 for non-graduates.
- Access to training and development programmes.
- A certificate of participation upon completion of the programme.
- Access to start-up kits and loans to start their own businesses.
Since its inception, N-Power has trained and empowered over 500,000 young Nigerians. The scheme has had a positive impact on the lives of beneficiaries, their families, and their communities. Beneficiaries have reported increased income, improved skills, and better job opportunities.
N-Power has also contributed to the country’s economic development. The scheme has helped to improve the quality of education and healthcare services in the country. It has also boosted agricultural production and created jobs in the construction and ICT sectors.
N-Power is a social investment programme that is designed to address the issues of youth unemployment and help increase social development in Nigeria. The scheme has had a positive impact on the lives of beneficiaries, their families, and their communities. N-Power has also contributed to the country’s economic development.
Who is eligible to apply for N-Power?
To be eligible to apply for N-Power, you must be a Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 and 35. You must also be unemployed and have a valid National Identity Number (NIN).
How do I apply for N-Power?
To apply for N-Power, you must visit the N-Power website and create an account. Once you have created an account, you can fill out the application form and submit it.
When is the next N-Power application deadline?
The next N-Power application deadline is yet to be announced. You can follow the N-Power social media pages or visit the N-Power website for updates on the next application deadline.
What is the N-Power selection process?
The N-Power selection process is based on a number of factors, including your academic qualifications, skills, and experience. You will also be required to pass a test and interview.
What are the benefits of participating in N-Power?
N-Power beneficiaries receive a number of benefits, including a monthly stipend, access to training and development programmes, a certificate of participation, and access to start-up kits and loans to start their own businesses.