The N-Power program is a social investment program of the Nigerian government designed to empower unemployed Nigerian youth with skills and knowledge through entrepreneurship training and job creation. The program has two components: the Graduate and the Non-Graduate categories.
The Graduate category is open to Nigerian youth with a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) from an accredited institution. The Non-Graduate category is open to Nigerian youth with a Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or equivalent.
Can Non-Graduates Apply for N-Power?
Yes, non-graduates can apply for the N-Power program. The Non-Graduate category of the program is specifically designed for Nigerian youth who do not have a tertiary education qualification.
N-Power Non-Graduate Sub-Programs
The N-Power Non-Graduate category has three sub-programs:
- N-Build: This sub-program provides training and certification in vocational skills such as carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical installation, and welding.
- N-Creative: This sub-program provides training and support in the creative and entertainment industry, such as animation, filmmaking, photography, and scriptwriting.
- N-Power Tech: This sub-program provides training and support in the technology sector, such as software development, hardware engineering, and networking.
Eligibility Criteria for N-Power Non-Graduate
To be eligible for the N-Power Non-Graduate program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Have a Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or equivalent.
- Be unemployed or underemployed.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
How to Apply for N-Power Non-Graduate
To apply for the N-Power Non-Graduate program, applicants must visit the official N-Power website and create an account. Once an account has been created, applicants can log in and start the application process.
The application process is relatively simple and straightforward. Applicants will need to provide their personal information, educational background, and work experience. They will also need to choose a preferred sub-program and location.
Selection Process for N-Power Non-Graduate
Once the application process is complete, all applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. The selection committee will consider the following factors when selecting applicants:
- Eligibility criteria.
- Academic qualifications.
- Work experience.
- Preferred sub-program and location.
Benefits of N-Power Non-Graduate
There are many benefits to participating in the N-Power Non-Graduate program. Some of the key benefits include:
- Skills acquisition: Participants will acquire valuable skills that can be used to secure a job or start a business.
- Monthly stipend: Participants will receive a monthly stipend during the program.
- Certification: Participants will receive a certificate of completion upon successful completion of the program.
- Job placement assistance: Participants will receive job placement assistance from the N-Power program after completing the program.
The N-Power Non-Graduate program is a great opportunity for Nigerian youth who do not have a tertiary education qualification to acquire valuable skills and knowledge that can be used to secure a job or start a business. If you are eligible for the program, I encourage you to apply.
Do I need to have any work experience to apply for the N-Power Non-Graduate program?
A: No, you do not need to have any work experience to apply for the N-Power Non-Graduate program. However, any work experience you have will be considered in the selection process.
What if I am not selected for the N-Power Non-Graduate program?
A: If you are not selected for the N-Power Non-Graduate program, you can reapply in the next recruitment cycle. You can also try other government programs or initiatives that provide training and support to unemployed youth.
What is the N-Power Non-Graduate program duration?
A: The N-Power Non-Graduate program is a two-year program. However, participants may be able to exit the program early if they secure a job or start a business.